Re: Better Draft of "What's New in RDF 1.1" Note

Suggested rewording (in view of recent debates, to give a little more clarity):

 Datatype entailment formally refers to a set of 'recognized' datatypes, replacing the old datatype maps, but this does not have any effect on implementation.
//
Datatype entailment formally refers to a set of 'recognized' datatype IRIs. The old semantics used the concept of a datatype map: in the new semantic description, this is the mapping from recognized IRIs to the datatypes they identify. This change does not have any effect on implementation or semantic entailments.

Pat

On Dec 10, 2013, at 10:19 PM, David Wood <david@3roundstones.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> A better draft of the “What’s New in RDF 1.1” Note is now available at [1].
>
> Thanks to Peter for giving me feedback on my first attempt (which sucked).  Hopefully this one threads the needle between being useful and not duplicating the Primer.
>
> Can someone please volunteer to review?  Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> Dave
> --
> http://about.me/david_wood
>
> [1] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/rdf/raw-file/default/rdf-new/index.html

IHMC                                     (850)434 8903 home
40 South Alcaniz St.            (850)202 4416   office
FL 32502                              (850)291 0667   mobile (preferred)