Re: Graph metadata example [was: Fwd: RDF data archives]

On Sat, 2013-12-07 at 01:05 -0600, Pat Hayes wrote:
> On Dec 5, 2013, at 7:13 PM, Guus Schreiber <guus.schreiber@vu.nl> wrote:
>
> > Just to put the discussion about the one graph metadata triple in perspective:
> >
> > * Check out reference 3 in the message below [1] (sent today by a W3C chair).
>
> ? I don't see any references there, it doesn't look like a message (??)
> >
> > * Also, check the Prov bundle example in Sec. 4.2.3 of the provenance book written by the Prov chairs [2]. BTW Our response to the Prov WG a year ago is here [23.
>
> That is fine. What they say is "we adopt the convention that the identifier of a bundle ... can be dereferenced to obtain a representation of the bundle." That is, they are using Web machinery of dereferencing to link a 'graph name' to the graph it names, *not* the dataset name-graph pairing convention. That is perfectly compatible with our specs. We could describe this convention as: "bundle identifiers denote what they conventionally identify in HTTP."

If that is fine (and indeed that is the use-case which our example
addresses), then could we add a couple of sentences that makes it
explicit that dereferencing http://example.org/bob gives back the four
triples in the example? I thought section 1 made it explicit, but
perhaps we need to restate it alongside the multigraphs example.

Yves

http://www.bbc.co.uk

If you have received it in
Do not use, copy or disclose the