Re: Review of RDF/JSON

On 12/08/13 23:12, Arnaud Le Hors wrote:
> Hi Andy,
> I've now gone through all your comments and updated the draft
> accordingly. See below for further details.

Hi Arnaud,

Thanks.  One comment re Appendix A / Normative and one yet-another-thing
below.

> Andy Seaborne <andy@apache.org> wrote on 07/01/2013 04:11:20 PM:
>
>  > From: Andy Seaborne <andy@apache.org>
>  > To: RDF-WG <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>,
>  > Date: 07/01/2013 04:14 PM
>  > Subject: Review of RDF/JSON
>  >
>  > http://www.w3.org/2013/meeting/rdf-wg/2013-06-26#RDF__2f_JSON_as_Note
>  >
>  > == Process
>  >
>  > Either clarify the meaning of "normative"/"non-normative" in a Note
>  > (maybe frame as "if this were a REC then ...") or remove.
>  >

> I'm not convinced conformance has anything to do with whether the
> document is a REC or not. Although the document is merely going to be a
> Note it can still define what it means to conform to it, don't you think?

Appendix A (MIME type registration) is "Normative" but we can't register
the MIME type because it is not a REC.

(I am given to understand IETF will not consider a request from W3C
until a doc is at REC - hence I'm assuming that "NOTE" is insufficient".
Seems a bit heavy to me.)

	Andy

PS Use of "must"

==>
All keywords defined in this document are case sensitive, and must be
lowercase.
-- italic "must"

==>
optional but if supplied it must not be empty
-- not italic

(personally, I'd drop the paragraph in sec 2 "The key words ..." because
the document does not use that style - the quotes above are the only use
of "must" I could find)