Re: Dataset Syntax - checking for consensus

Hi Arnaud,

We agreed quite early (Feb 2011) to "use http://www.w3.org/2010/01/Turtle/ as the starting point for the Turtle work" [1] and in April 2011 to limit syntactic sugar additions to Turtle [2].

IIRC, we had substantial conversations regarding the desirability of turning Turtle into a quad language, but we decided (without resolution) not to do that because:
- Turtle is widely fielded already
- We wished to minimize disruption, as per our charter
- Issues around datasets/quads were (and are) less agreed upon

Regards,
Dave

[1] http://www.w3.org/2011/rdf-wg/meeting/2011-02-23#resolution_1
[2] http://www.w3.org/2011/rdf-wg/track/issues/34