Re: Are you planning to use the Dataset Semantics?

On Sep 25, 2012, at 5:16 PM, Sandro Hawke wrote:

> For myself, at this point I'm 70% convinced that I can implement all the dataset use cases I understand (the ones I enumerated in the Federated Phonebook examples, plus SPARQL dump/restore) without any standard dataset semantics beyond having a standard place for metadata (eg the default graph in trig and the service description graph in SPARQL).

Sandro, how can you use metadata *at all* without some way to force a URI to denote a graph? When you use the URI in the metadata RDF, what (semantic or even pragmatic) constraint ensures that what it denotes there is the graph that you have in mind? Or indeed, that it is a graph at all?

Pat