Re: Dataset Semantics

Le 22/09/2012 23:02, Eric Prud'hommeaux a écrit :

<skip/>

> I suspect we want to explicitly write this use case off, but, if I write a test for CREATE, it would add a pair<n, emptyRDFgraph>  to a dataset, e.g.
> before:
>    {<s1>  <p1>  <o1>  }
> op:
>    CREATE<foo>
> after:
>    {<s1>  <p1>  <o1>  }<foo>  {  }

FWIW, in the proposal at
http://www.w3.org/2011/rdf-wg/wiki/TF-Graphs/Minimal-dataset-semantics,
the "before" is not equivalent to the "after". "after" entails "before",
but not the opposite, as <foo> does not belong to the vocabulary of
"before".

What the semantics says informally is:

  <foo> { }

means that there is a graph associated with <foo>.

> The before and after states are identical by the semantics you describe. That's probably not a big deal because not all implementations are expected to discriminate empty graphs from non-existent ones; the WG doesn't provide any tests like the one above.

<skip/>
--
Antoine Zimmermann
ISCOD / LSTI - Institut Henri Fayol