Re: question

On 13 Sep 2012, at 05:57, Pat Hayes wrote:
> "The truth of an RDF dataset is defined with respect to a graph extension, a relationship that associates RDF graphs with resources. Think of it as capturing a snapshot of the contents of all g-boxes in the universe of discourse."

IGEXT stands for Graph EXTension. This parallels property extensions (IEXT) and class extensions (ICEXT) in the current RDF Semantics document. That should explain the first sentence. I think the model theory should explicitly say somewhere that IGEXT stands for graph extension, so that we have a pronounceable version of the term.

The second sentence is an attempt at relating the semantics at least informally to the term “g-box”, which is likely to be defined in the abstract syntax document (using another word), but unlikely to be given a formal meaning in the semantics.

Informally, the resources denoted by the names in <name,graph> pairs are g-boxes, and the graphs must be consistent with the “contents” of the denoted g-box. I think that makes the second sentence true.

Best,
Richard