Re: Blank nodes and SQL sequences

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2012 19:31:38 -0400
To: public-rdf-wg@w3.org
On 9/8/12 7:16 PM, David Wood wrote:
> The issue, of course, is*whose*  sequence.  We should be careful not to slip back into a database-centricity, since it has bitten us in the past.  There are other, more Web oriented use cases.

David,

When in the past did you (or anyone else) get bitten by
database-centricity? Note, I ask bearing in mind that a relational
database isn't the only kind of database. Also bearing in mind that RDF
is inextricably linked to the realm of database technology.

Methinks, this effort has been bitten in the past by actually trying to
disconnect RDF from database technology.

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO