Re: Potential Formal Object from DERI over JSON-LD

From: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 23:30:58 -0400
To: RDF WG <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>
On 10/22/2012 10:07 PM, Pat Hayes wrote:
> That is great, but how would anyone know that this is what they were
>  in fact doing? Does just using JSON + using URIs make it linked
> data? Apparently not, according to the Wikipedia article, which says
> that linked data pre-dates URIs. So what is it that makes the linked
> magic happen?

Pat, we made an attempt to define it loosely here, see "Section 1:

We also attempted to formalize the definition here, which resulted in a
fairly vocal backlash (many criticized us for overstepping our bounds in
the JSON-LD spec):

It's certainly not complete and is debatable, but does that help a little?

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: The Problem with RDF and Nuclear Power