Re: Potential Formal Object from DERI over JSON-LD

On 10/19/12 10:45, Peter Patel-Schneider wrote:
> I have absolutely no problem with other documents about JSON-LD that
>  don't mention RDF at all.  However, if the controlling document on
> JSON-LD produced by the RDF WG isn't about RDF in a very strong way,
>  then there is something very wrong.

We keep veering into territory that is vague and non-technical. I don't
understand the technical point you're making in the paragraph above,
Peter. If we don't have technical specifics and areas of the spec that
are being analyzed, it makes it very difficult to address the issue.

To put it another way, phrases like "very strong way", "something very
wrong", and "enough" place us firmly onto the "go fetch me a rock"
playing field. We need /how/ one states something in a "very strong
way". We need to know exactly /what/ is "very wrong". We need specifics.

We need concrete spec text, or we need a concrete issue with the
charter, or we need something actionable to go on. Without one of those
things, we're going to transform this discussion into a perma-thread.

-- manu

President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: HTML5 and RDFa 1.1
http://manu.sporny.org/2012/html5-and-rdfa/