Fwd: clock change reminder; 28-Oct to 4-Nov

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 10:08:25 -0400
To: W3C Provenance WG <public-prov-wg@w3.org>, W3C RDF WG <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>, W3C RDFa WG <public-rdfa-wg@w3.org>
FYI

For the RDFa WG this is probably without interest, we do not have a meeting planned. FYI anyway.

For the Provenance WG this affects one telco.

For the RDF WG we have to realize that the F2F meeting schedules are _set in Lyon time_, ie, those dialing in from the US will be one hour 'off'.

Ivan

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Ralph Swick <swick@w3.org>
> Subject: clock change reminder; 28-Oct to 4-Nov
> Date: October 18, 2012 09:42:13 EDT
>
> The confusing period that occurs twice a year is coming up next week.
>
> Europe changes its clocks back to "winter time" Sunday, 28 October.
>
> The US changes its clocks back the following Sunday, 4 November.
>
> During the intervening days (while most of us are in Lyon) most
> teleconference times on Zakim will appear to be one hour later than
> expected in European local time.
>
> If you are in Lyon and schedule adhoc meetings at a specific time next
> week either compute the UTC time yourself (Lyon local time minus 1 hour):
>
>  Zakim, room for 4 at 14:00Z?
>
> or compute the Boston time by substracting 5 hours rather than the usual
> 6 hours from Lyon local time:
>
>  Zakim, room for 4 at 10:00?
>
> Both examples should result in a telecon scheduled at 15h00 (3pm) Lyon
> local.
>
> -Ralph

----
Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/