Re: PROV Last Call - RDF WG review request

On 10 Oct 2012, at 16:54, Antoine Zimmermann wrote:
>> So, they're okay with never using RDF/XML or Turtle or RDFa and always
>> using TriG or JSON-LD if there are any bundles involved in the
>> provenance data? If so, yes, that would simplify things. Then they just
>> need to say a few words about <n,g> pairs, and they're all set.
>
> I cannot say if they are Ok or even if they are considering it seriously, since I'm not involved in the PROV WG, but from what I read in their documents (PROV-DM and PROV-CONSTRAINT, the only ones I've read), it looks like they could simply rely on TriG to serialise PROV documents. They could still use Turtle or RDF/XML for the special---yet common---case of simple provenance instances without bundles.

In PROV-O they say that how exactly to represent bundle contents is out of scope of PROV-O.

Using RDF datasets and TriG would work from a technical point of view with a few comments about the assumed relationships between the IRIs and graphs, but they don't attempt that at the moment.

Funny enough, PROV-O has some examples that use TriG syntax. They don't say what the syntax is, and don't reference any spec that defines the syntax -- they just provide the examples without comment on the syntax.

Best,
Richard