Proposal to address I18N-ISSUE-191: Various nits in Appendix B

From: Eric Prud'hommeaux <eric@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 07:45:23 -0400
To: RDF-WG WG <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>, Internationalization Core Working Group <www-international@w3.org>
Cc: Gavin Carothers <gavin@carothers.name>
Proposal to address I18N-ISSUE-191: Various nits in Appendix B

Issue:
* The encoding refers to the serialization of a TURTLE document, not necessarily its in-memory representation (which should just be a sequence of Unicode code points)

As Martin noted, Turtle is in fact only a document format. RDF Concepts
<http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-rdf-concepts-20040210/> defines the
abstract syntax of RDF.

PROPOSAL: no change

Issue:
* The reference to U+0 should read U+0000

PROPOSAL: s/U+0/U+0000/ per editor's draft <http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/rdf/raw-file/default/rdf-turtle/index.html#sec-mediaReg>

* We recommend a different escape syntax altogether

PROPOSAL: follow the no change proposal in response to I18N-ISSUE-187: escape syntax <http://www.w3.org/mid/CAPqY83wKVKbx7_m9+sF47pbO5RLNZToNg5it7C+ABU=R=m7RDQ@mail.gmail.com>

* We recommend six-digit rather than eight-digit \U representation

PROPOSAL: follow the no change proposal in response to I18N-ISSUE-187: escape syntax <http://www.w3.org/mid/CAPqY83wKVKbx7_m9+sF47pbO5RLNZToNg5it7C+ABU=R=m7RDQ@mail.gmail.com>

Please indicate if this addresses your comment.

P.S. apologies for the ubiquitous "no change" proposal. I include it only to make sure that if this message ends the conversation that the proposed course of (in)action is clearly stated.
--
-ericP