Re: RDF-ISSUE-110 (g-box): A proper term for the concept formerly known as ?g-box?? [RDF Concepts]

From: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 21:14:47 +0000
Cc: RDF Working Group WG <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>
To: Thomas Baker <tom@tombaker.org>
Hi Tom,

On 20 Nov 2012, at 15:47, Thomas Baker wrote:
> But it would be great if the WG could say a bit more about
> this issue, somewhere other than in RDF Concepts, if only a paragraph or two
> drawing out a few key points from that long and, at times, insightful
> discussion.

What I hear is a proposal that the WG do extra work for the benefit of those members who don't care enough to participate in discussions or scour the archives. Personally I have no interest in doing this work, although I understand the benefit of doing it.

> If RDF Concepts has called them RDF Sources, those two paragraphs
> somewhere should say something about this choice of terms.  Was it just a coin
> toss?

It's a proposal. Nothing is decided. If the term is adopted, it will be with the usual process: Someone proposed it, and no one hated it enough to threaten a formal objection.