Re: New abstract for RDF Concepts

On 11/07/2012 12:13 PM, Richard Cyganiak wrote:
> There were some comments about the RDF Concepts abstract not reflecting the content in sufficient detail. Here's an attempt at improving it:
>
> [[
> The Resource Description Framework (RDF) is a framework for representing information in the Web.
>
> RDF 1.1 Concepts and Abstract Syntax defines an abstract syntax (a data model) which serves to link all RDF-based languages and specifications. The abstract syntax has two key data structures: RDF graphs are sets of subject-predicate-object triples, where the elements may be IRIs, blank nodes, or datatyped literals. They are used to express descriptions of resources. RDF datasets comprise a default graph and zero or more named graphs, and are used to to express metadata about RDF graphs,
How?
> and to organize data by context.
How?
> This document also introduces key concepts and terminology, and discusses datatyping and the handling of fragment identifiers in IRIs within RDF graphs.
> ]]
> http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/rdf/raw-file/default/rdf-concepts/index.html#abstract
>
> Proposals for further improvement are welcome.
>
> Cheers,
> Richard

As far as I can tell just about the only thing that the WG should say about
RDF datasets is that they consist of a default graph and zero or more named
graphs, and can be used to associate names with graphs.  If the WG calls out
two questionable uses of RDF datasets, then it should also call out all the
other, less-questionable uses. Who is volunteering to enumerate all of these?

peter