ISSUE-84: proposed solution

From: Antoine Zimmermann <antoine.zimmermann@emse.fr>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2012 19:32:25 +0100
To: RDF WG <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>
ISSUE-84: "Bug" in D-entailment with literals in non-canonical form

To sum up, the issue says that in RDF Semantics 2004, the graph:

{ <s> <p> "2"^^xsd:decimal . }

does *NOT* D-entail the graph:

{ <s> <p> "2.0"^^xsd:decimal . }

However, the graph:

{ <s> <p> "2"^^xsd:decimal .
   <x> <y> "2.0"^^xsd:decimal . }

D-entails the graph:

{ <s> <p> "2.0"^^xsd:decimal . }

This is weird.

A solution would be to replace the definition of D-interpretation, which
currently says:

"If D is a datatype map, a D-interpretation of a vocabulary V is any
rdfs-interpretation I of V union { aaa: <aaa,x> in D for some x } which
satisfies the following extra conditions for every pair <aaa, x> in D:"

by:

"If D is a datatype map, a D-interpretation of a vocabulary V is any
rdfs-interpretation I of V union { aaa: <aaa,x> in D for some x } union
{ lll: lll in L(x) for a pair <aaa,x> in D } which satisfies the
following extra conditions for every pair <aaa, x> in D:"

Regards,
--
Antoine Zimmermann
ISCOD / LSTI - Institut Henri Fayol