RE: RDF-ISSUE-103 (dereferenceable-iris): Make dereferenceable IRIs a SHOULD in RDF Concepts [RDF Concepts]

From: Markus Lanthaler <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 17:46:23 +0100
To: "'Richard Cyganiak'" <richard@cyganiak.de>
Cc: "'RDF Working Group'" <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>
> On 6 Nov 2012, at 15:02, Richard Cyganiak wrote:
>
> I think you misunderstand the purpose of RDF Concepts.
>
> It defines a data model that is the shared foundation for a number of
> other specifications, including RDF syntaxes, query languages, formal
> semantics, vocabulary definition languages, and so forth.

Well. It depends on how you look at it. The data model defines how the
actual data ends up looking. Therefore I thought (and still think) that this
would be the right place for such a recommendation.

On Tuesday, November 06, 2012 4:14 PM, Richard Cyganiak wrote:

> On 6 Nov 2012, at 15:02, Richard Cyganiak wrote:
> > I think you misunderstand the purpose of RDF Concepts.
>
> (By saying that, I meant that there's a bigger picture that needs to be
> considered; I didn't mean to be dismissive, apologies if it sounded
> that way.)

No worries! I see your point and +1 your proposal to close ISSUE-103.

Thanks,
Markus

--
Markus Lanthaler