Re: Remaining Open Issues in Turtle

From: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 10:38:52 -0400
To: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>
Cc: Gavin Carothers <gavin@carothers.name>, RDF-WG WG <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>
On Tue, 2012-05-15 at 15:02 +0100, Richard Cyganiak wrote:
> On 15 May 2012, at 14:22, Sandro Hawke wrote:
> > My point about Trig still holds.  If Trig follows the spirit of this
> > resolution, aligning its statements with SPARQL's "triples pattern
> > language" then we have keywords: @prefix, @base, and graph.
>
> Again, I don't think that's part of the resolution.
>
> The resolution is about this:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-query/#QSynTriples
>
> GRAPH isn't part of triple pattern syntax.
>
> For the record, I'm not advocating here but simply pointing out my understanding of the resolution.

I'm not saying this case was actually covered by the resolution.  That's
why I said "the spirit of".   I am suggesting that the reasons we made
that decision on issue-1 would also apply here -- that people want to be
able to cut-and-paste from Turtle (and now Trig) into their SPARQL
queries.    Cutting, pasting, and then adding GRAPH keywords in various
places...  that's not in the spirit of this resolution, and I think
people wont like it.

    -- Sandro