Re: Making progress on graphs

On 13 May 2012 20:15, Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org> wrote:
> On Sun, 2012-05-13 at 13:36 -0400, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
>> The syntax part of Sandro's document appears mostly fine to me.
>
> Great.
>
>> However, there is quite a bit more to Sandro's document than there is to
>> Richard's proposal.  I'm not in favour of the semantics and
>
> As long as an RDF graph has truth conditions, I think a Dataset also has
> to have truth conditions.   Do you agree with that?

Me: no, not necessarily. I can imagine that the structure of a dataset
could have a natural reading as an RDF graph (and hence, truth
conditions). But the general mechanism seems to be more analogous to
to things like .zip files / manifests. There might be reasons to
handle the outer structures as propositional but I don't see that as a
requirement.

Dan