Re: Closing ISSUE-13

From: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 22:11:27 +0100
Cc: Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@us.ibm.com>, public-rdf-wg Group WG <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>
To: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Ivan,

I've changed the spec text to the simpler definition.

http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/rdf/raw-file/default/rdf-concepts/index.html#section-XMLLiteral

On 10 May 2012, at 19:25, Ivan Herman wrote:
> P.S. I guess the detailed approach is to take all the top level nodes of the lexical form,

But the lexical form is a string. It has no “top level nodes”. How do you get from the string to the DOM nodes? So you've been handwaving already…

> create DOM nodes for each of them in document order, and then create a fresh DocumentFragment and adding those DOM nodes as children...

Yeah, but these steps are pretty obvious and I don't see much value in spelling them out.