Re: simplified section 2.3 Abbreviating common datatypes

* Gavin Carothers <gavin@carothers.name> [2012-03-21 13:58-0700]
> On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 1:47 PM, Eric Prud'hommeaux <eric@w3.org> wrote:
> > The inherited section 2.3 deferred the valid lexical of numerics and
> > boolean to the XML Schema Datatypes spec, while the effective
> > authority is the grammar. The XSD definition of decimals permit the
> > period and fractional part to be omitted.
> >  <http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#decimal-lexical-representation>
> >
> > I summarized the grammar rules and normalized the examples (for
> > simpler comparison) and shorted the text a bit. Please compare
> >  <http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/rdf/raw-file/default/rdf-turtle/index.html#abbrev>
> >  <http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/rdf/raw-file/default/rdf-turtle/index.html#abbrevB>
> >  <http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/rdf/raw-file/default/rdf-turtle/index.html#abbrevC>
> > and let me know what you like. (The third factors the examples out
> > into a table for easy comparison, Sandro.)
>

> Mmmm, picking. How about a 4th option? I like C, but I'd also like to
> see them used in examples. Better examples perhaps then the current
> ones. Perhaps just one example document showing all the Abbreviations?

In out of band comm, Gavin clarified that he'd like an *additional* example. I've added
[[
@prefix : <http://example.org/stats> .
<http://somecountry.example/census2007>
    :censusYear 2007 ;      # xsd:integer
    :birthRate 13.5 ;       # xsd:decimal
    :gdpDollars 14074.2E9 ; # xsd:double
    :isLandlocked false .   # xsd:boolean
]]
to the bottom of #abbrevC (though it could be used for any of the choices).

--
-ericP