Re: three kinds of dataset

On Mar 6, 2012, at 10:33 AM, Guus Schreiber wrote:

> Pat,
>
> Thanks, very nice categorization. I propose to use this as discussion point for tomorrow's telecon to see whether we can reach consensus on these three views. I interpret this as a top-down description of the same/similar distinction Sandro was trying to achieve when he talked about semantic distinctions required to cover the archetypical use cases [1].
>
> Guus
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/2011/rdf-wg/wiki/TF-Graphs-Designs

I should have done this, sorry. Brief summary.

1.2.1 = Case 1,
1.2.2  = Case 2 if the truth of the triples is considered time-dependent (which seems likely), otherwise case 1.
1.2.3 = Case 1.
3. = Case 3.
4 = Case 3
5 = Case 3, I think. (Because of the self-reference implied by the < >. Basically, any time we use the IRI machinery to refer to a graph in an RDF triple then we are using case 3.)
6 I am really not sure about. It uses case 3 for sure, but it might also be using case 2.

Pat (in haste)