W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-rdf-wg@w3.org > June 2012

Re: simplified patches against last night's grammar

From: Gregg Kellogg <gregg@greggkellogg.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 13:50:49 -0400
To: Gavin Carothers <gavin@carothers.name>
CC: Eric Prud'hommeaux <eric@w3.org>, RDF-WG WG <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>
Message-ID: <57F5DB65-CA39-44DB-B7BB-502FA18E9737@greggkellogg.net>
It would be great if the test suite called out these corner cases. For example, I added a local test for the following:

@base <http://example.org/foo/> . <s> <p> "o"@base . <s> <p> "o" .

Which should produce the following:

<http://example.org/foo/s> <http://example.org/foo/p> "o"@base .
<http://example.org/foo/s> <http://example.org/foo/p> "o" .

But doesn't in my current processor.

Clearly, having tests for these other corner cases would be useful too.

I'll have more to say about these specific productions when I update my processor.

Gregg

On Jun 16, 2012, at 9:43 AM, Gavin Carothers wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 9:37 AM, Gavin Carothers <gavin@carothers.name> wrote:
>> Now on list to elicit more feedback.
>> 
>> On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 7:20 AM, Eric Prud'hommeaux <eric@w3.org> wrote:
>>> typo, perhaps:
>>> -[12]    object                ::= iri | blank | predicateObjectList | literal
>>> +[12]    object                ::= iri | blank | blankNodePropertyList | literal
>>> 
>>> string misallignment:
>>> -[155s]  STRING_LITERAL1       ::= '"' ([^#x22#x5C#xA#xD] | ECHAR | UCHAR)* '"'
>>> -[156s]  STRING_LITERAL2       ::= "'" ([^#x27#x5C#xA#xD] | ECHAR | UCHAR)* "'"
>>> -[157s]  STRING_LITERAL_LONG1  ::= "'''" (("'" | "''")? [^'\] | ECHAR | UCHAR)* "'''"
>>> -[158s]  STRING_LITERAL_LONG2  ::= '"""' (('"' | '""')? [^"\] | ECHAR | UCHAR)* '"""'
>> 
>> Okay, now I'm just going crazy. That's the way there were BEFORE when
>> someone said they were reversed.
>> 
>>> +[155s]  STRING_LITERAL1       ::= "'" ([^#x27#x5C#xA#xD] | ECHAR | UCHAR)* "'"
>>> +[156s]  STRING_LITERAL2       ::= '"' ([^#x22#x5C#xA#xD] | ECHAR | UCHAR)* '"'
>>> +[157s]  STRING_LITERAL_LONG1  ::= "'''" (("'" | "''")? ([^'\] | ECHAR | UCHAR))* "'''"
>>> +[158s]  STRING_LITERAL_LONG2  ::= '"""' (('"' | '""')? ([^"\] | ECHAR | UCHAR))* '"""'
>> 
>> No, that can't be right. Those are aren't what is in there now. The
>> current grammar has [23] [24] numbered productions. Check
>> http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/rdf/raw-file/default/rdf-turtle/turtle.bnf
>> before I go totally crazy (perhaps we shouldn't call them 1,2 and make
>> clearer what's going on here as you, me, Andy, and Greg Kellogg all
>> seem to have at one point or another confused this.
> 
> Solution for editor sanity is to rename all those productions using
> NAMES rather than numbers. For example STRING_LITERAL_QUOTE and
> STRING_LITERAL_SINGLE_QUOTE.
> 
> Cheers,
> Gavin
Received on Saturday, 16 June 2012 17:51:41 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 26 March 2013 16:25:49 GMT