Re: dataset semantics being connected to the state of the web

Sandro,

On 8 Jun 2012, at 14:28, Sandro Hawke wrote:
>> But I will formally object to anything that defines truth *in general*
>> in terms of dereferencing. This is not a negotiable position.
>
> Consensus is not about negotiation, it's about shared understanding.
>
> I don't understand your position.

Next time you meet someone who has operated any sort of large-scale web content ingestion, buy them a beer and ask them what they think of the notion that there is a universal, global, objectively observable “state of the web”. Then listen and learn.

Best,
Richard