Re: in...of syntax Re: Turtle Last Call: Request for Review

On 30/07/12 12:04, Nathan wrote:
> SPARQL is a different spec, used for different reasons, I can't
 > personally see what there is to explain.

> Honestly, what's the tricky difference that needs explained, and why
> would anybody need or want to know it?

A concern that has been raised by danbri, supported by others, is that

[[
Every difference we create between SPARQL and Turtle diminishes the
value and teachability of both…
]]

This WG has been trying to move Turtle and SPARQL closer together.

One is a syntactic transformation (Turtle), the other is part of the
mechanism for pattern matching, so they need explaining differently.
SPARQL ^ is much more general.

And hence,

SPARQL Update does not support ^:p in INSERT DATA

because it's not a matching operation.

	Andy