Re: Review: JSON-LD syntax

From: Pierre-Antoine Champin <pierre-antoine.champin@liris.cnrs.fr>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 11:26:41 +0200
To: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Cc: "public-rdf-wg@w3.org" <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>
Hi Manu,

I realize I didn't anwser one of your questions

On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 9:47 PM, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>wrote:

> > S4.9 "In this case, embedding doesn't work"; I disagree, one could
> > write that example with embedding. A more compelling example should
> > be used, involving for example two persons knowing a same third
> > person.
>
> How would you accomplish that case with embedding? That is, which person
> is embedded within the other person's object?

Well, it doesn't really matter which one you embed in the other; both
solutions "work" in the sense that they convey the same RDF graph.

Granted, this is a bit artificial, and not the most elegant way to convey
that graph. May be this is what was meant by "doesn't work".

However, I read it as "is not possible", which is not true. And anyway, I
think the argument would be more compelling if you took an example where
there you are forced to use a list of subject. Any graph with more than one
source (i.e. node without any incoming arc) will do.

  pa