Re: behavior of turtle vs. HexBinary literals

From: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 14:58:42 +0000
Cc: public-rdf-wg@w3.org
To: Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@epimorphics.com>
On 22 Jan 2012, at 16:21, Andy Seaborne wrote:
> At the same time, I'm not keen on Turtle acquiring a special feature (e.g. a literal that does whitespace processing or a syntax for breaking up strings into chunks) just for this corner case.

+1

This problem *can* and *ought* to be fixed in XSD.

The XML Schema WG is at a point in their lifecycle where they can't do that immediately. But that's no reason for forcing kludges into other layers of the stack. Having special handling for this datatype only in Turtle doesn't make sense.

Henry can do an unofficial xsd:hexBinary, version 1.1.1 document that documents the Right Thing.