Re: (A PRIORITY) Exchanging the contents of RDF stores

On Feb 1, 2012, at 6:30 AM, Andy Seaborne wrote:

> http://www.w3.org/2011/rdf-wg/wiki/TF-Graphs-UC#.28A_PRIORITY.29_Exchanging_the_contents_of_RDF_stores
>
> One of our prioritised UC is "Exchanging the contents of RDF stores".
>
> I'd like to prose that TriG, without additional semantic or annotation assumptions, meets this UC.  The WG should resolve to cover this usage pattern.
>
> This codifies the situation where no annotations of the graph tagging relationship exists.
>
> It implies that quads are not an internal implementation matter but a way systems can exchange data.

I would submit that in this case, the semantics does need to be specified with more precision than it is at present. So I strongly resist this proposal as stated, with the inclusion of the phrase "without additional semantic ... assumptions". With that phrase removed, I would support it.

Pat