Re: switching semantics

From: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 10:47:32 +0100
Cc: Pat Hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>, RDF Working Group WG <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>
To: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Sandro,

On 24 Aug 2012, at 17:32, Sandro Hawke wrote:
> I think it would be MUCH better to have two distinct syntaxes with different semantics than one syntax with a subtle flag for which semantics is intended.     So, we could have a named-g-box syntax (looking like TriG) and a g-snap-literals syntax (looking a bit like N3), if we want to support both communities.

I have no idea what this means. A "named-g-box syntax" is impossible because the syntax can only contain snapshots; so in the *syntax* there re only named g-snaps (for some value of "named"). The g-box/g-snap distinction is a semantic one, not a syntactic one.

TriG already looks a bit like N3. What do you mean by N3-like syntax? Are you talking about adding variables and nesting?