Re: A rant about the terminology debate

From: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 15:00:34 -0400
To: "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfpschneider@gmail.com>
CC: public-rdf-wg@w3.org
On 08/24/2012 01:45 PM, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:

> I don't see how a g-box can be a table, as a table is only a
> potentially small part of a database.

It works for me.   Some databases consist of one table; some consist of
thousands of tables.   Similarly, some graph stores consist of one
g-box; some consist of thousands of g-boxes.

The division does tend to be different though, which is why it's just an
analogy.   (The data in a single table probably tends to be data about a
certain set of properties of a certain set of objects; the data in a
single g-box probably tends to be the data from a certain source.   But
all generalizations are false.)

        -- Sandro