graham's comment re IRI

From: Jeremy Carroll <jeremy@topquadrant.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2012 06:49:34 -0700
To: "public-rdf-wg@w3.org" <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-comments/2012Aug/0019.html etc.

I am not sure if we are intending a formal response, my preference would
be along the lines of:

a)  RDF 2004 has an explicit note anticipating the (then) forthcoming
IRI spec (now RFC 3987)
b) Some current software, essentially ignoring that note, complies with
RDF 2004 but not with the IRI spec (and allows spaces etc.)
c) The RDF 1.1 spec will, as chartered, align these two, and software
that complies with RDF 1.1 will also comply with IRI; and yes
implementations which wish to also support the older RDF spec may have
some (not insurmountable) difficulty - e.g. be liberal with what you
accept and conservative with what you publish

Jeremy