Re: Attempt to provide semantics to Sandro's named graph design

Ivan,

Most of it makes sense to me.

Could you explain the need for conditions 3, please?  I see the need for
a local functional mapping from <ui> to Gi, but why the reverse condition?

It seems at odds with web style of multiple names for things and also of
merging data at the RDF level without inconsistencies arising.

If a process reads location "URL" at two different times T1 and T2, gets
the same triples GV, which it labels events E1 and E2,

then the app can't write

E1 { GV }
E2 { GV }

i.e. the use case for an archiving web crawler can't be addressed directly.

The cost of enforcing the condition when adding a new graph to an
existing dataset is going to be not inconsiderable.

"Subgraphs or Graphs"

I don't think this is a local syntax issue. The parts of the labelling
may be in different datasets, which are then brought together (actually,
not possible by condition 3)

Within one TriG file, several <u> {} blocks may make one graph labelled
<u> overall -- that is a syntax issue.

((I don't see why the merge of datasets isn't the merge of their graphs
with the same URI + the (IRI, graph) pairs for non-overlapping IRIs.))

	Andy