RDF, RDA, MARC and FRBR

From: David Wood <david@3roundstones.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 08:02:01 -0400
To: RDF-WG WG <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>
Hi all,

As many of you know, Tom Baker is working with the U.S. Library of Congress on a replacement of the MARC standard based on RDF [1].  He has approached me to determine whether his current discussions related to FRBR representations in RDF are in line with our work on named graphs.

This message is a "heads up" that I expect Tom to submit a use case for named graphs to this working group sometime in April.  FRBR and MARC are large and important use cases for RDF and I would like to add Tom's use case to the short list at [2].

It would be good to discuss his use case at a telecon in April once he submits it to public-rdf-comments.

Regards,
Dave
--
David Wood, Ph.D.