Re: complete graphs

On 30 Sep 2011, at 13:31, Sandro Hawke wrote:

>>    cygri> Anyone can always add another *triple*. If we want to use the
>>    cygri> fourth element in assessments of provenance and trust, we
>>    cygri> can't let anyone add arbitrary *quads*.
>>
>> Ok, so *where* can anyone add another triple? What exactly is the
>> restriction on the fourth column and how does it work?
>
> I'm not sure about Richard, by my answer is: anyone can add another
> triple by publishing it on the Web (and perhaps taking other steps to
> make sure it is findable).
>
> The restriction on the fourth column is that the fourth column is the
> web address of a place (a g-box) currently serving that triple.
> (That's the architecture I'm arguing for in this morning's post to
> public-rdf-prov [1].)

Personally I feel that this architectural decision will be what stops us from ending up in a world of quint-stores, sextuple-stores, and so on. A +1 to Sandro's description of the 4th column being a web address of a place currently serving the given triple.

Mischa

> The issue about completeness is that if I want to say, as in [1], that I
> agree or disagree with a statement (or otherwise build on it), it's
> important the readers see the whole statement (or know that they are
> seeing only a partial statement).  It's even more important for me to
> know if I'm seeing the whole statement before I say if I agree.
>
>      -- Sandro
>
> [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-prov/2011Sep/0023

Mischa Tuffield PhD
Email: mischa.tuffield@garlik.com