Re: proposal to close ISSUE-77 (Re: [ALL} agenda telecon Oct 19)

From: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 11:28:54 -0400
To: Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@epimorphics.com>
Cc: public-rdf-wg@w3.org
On Wed, 2011-10-19 at 13:32 +0100, Andy Seaborne wrote:

>  >>> (1) try to model without using either one, when feasible
>
> which I took as also pushing RDF lists into the "not preferred
> category".  That's seems to be letting the technology influence the
> modelling too much.
>
> The fact that an ordering construct is an RDF list which "has issues"
> isn't the fault of the modeller.

Right...   What I was trying to get at here was the advice I often hear
that modelers should not be using this kind of construct at all.

Honestly, I'm very confused about this bit.  Perhaps it's best addressed
by having a little bit in the tutorial showing how something can be
modeled with lists or without lists, and explaining the tradeoffs.

   -- Sandro