sub-datasets ...

From: Jeremy Carroll <jeremy@topquadrant.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 19:06:19 -0700
To: RDF Working Group WG <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>

TopQuadrant code routinely queries datasets that are provided by other
vendors; hence we have an interest in the dataset abstractions that are
provided in the standard.

A particular area of interest for TopQuadrant is that we often want to
have a simple dataset algebra, where given a dataset with some set of
graph names N = { n1, n2, .... nk }, we may want to run a query against
a subdatset M of N, consisting of only some of the ni, e.g. M = { n3, n4 }.
Given such a capability then, at least over the powerset of N, we can
provide the usual set theoretic operators of union and intersection to
implement a change of application focus by considering a different
subdataset.

I am wondering what is the best way to add this issue to the mix here. I
could write up a use case: would that be helpful?

Jeremy