Re: more about dereference (notes from MIT post F2F2-day-1)

From: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>
Subject: Re: more about dereference (notes from MIT post F2F2-day-1)
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 06:16:33 -0500

> On 12 Oct 2011, at 22:04, Sandro Hawke wrote:
>> 1. If a system successfully dereferences URL "L" and obtains a
>> representation of an RDF graph, then <L> is a GraphContainer.  That
>> is, "L" denotes a GraphContainer.  Logically, GraphContainer is
>> disjoint from foaf:Person (I think!!) so a document that includes "<>
>> a foaf:Person" is (by this proposal) logically inconsistent with it
>> being served on the Web.
>
> This seems a logical consequence from httpRange-14.

I don't read this in
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2005Jun/0039.html

Maybe it comes from http://www.w3.org/TR/webarch/ section 2.2 as well,
although I find the world view in that section to be somewhat muddled.
In particular, there is a distinction between a web document (that may
have a physical existence) and the non-physical information resource
that is not well explained there.

[...]

> Richard

peter