RE: Unicode NFC - status, and RDF Concepts

From: Phillips, Addison <addison@lab126.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 04:52:24 +0000
Cc: "David Wood , Martin J. Dürst , John Cowan , www-international@w3.org , RDF Working Group WG" <david@3roundstones.com>
To: Jeremy Carroll <jeremy@topquadrant.com>

> On 10/11/2011 2:06 PM, Phillips, Addison wrote:
>> You "should" use content in NFC, but if you don't RDF processors won't do any
> normalization for you.
>
> For some lower level RDF systems a possible implementation of "SHOULD"
> is to check whether or not it is in NFC, and if not, issue a warning message.

Admittedly so, but that's not the same thing as actually performing normalization or otherwise modifying the processing of the content.

Addison

> PS. I have a strong recollection that Addison was *not* present at the meeting
> in Cannes that I was referring to .... !! maybe I should dig out the minutes.

Hmm... was that the TP where someone rode in the boot of my rental car? Or the one where Martin and Richard were in the famous photo? If the latter, I might not have been there for the conversation you have in mind, although I clearly recall discussing RDF normalization with you around that time. The problem with normalization is that we have so many conversations to choose from over the years ;-).