Defining graphs with RDF

From: Ian Davis <ian.davis@talis.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 23:16:27 +0100
To: RDF WG <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>
RDF is famously the technology that allows anyone to say anything about
anything :)

I have been wondering whether it is even necessary to include more graph
mechanics at the RDF level or whether to leave it to SPARQL-future to
define.

But it seems obvious that there is something missing from RDF if we cannot
even answer the following question:

Given an RDF Graph G how can I refer to the exact set of triples G contains
using RDF?

At the very least we need to be able to answer this question in this WG.

--
Ian Davis, Chief Technology Officer, Talis Group Ltd.
http://www.talis.com/ | Registered in England and Wales as 5382297