Re: Web Semantics of Datasets (v0.2)

From: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 21:26:28 -0400
To: Pat Hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>
Cc: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>, public-rdf-wg <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>
On Mon, 2011-10-10 at 16:31 -0500, Pat Hayes wrote:

> Check out the distinction between 'valid time' and 'transaction time'
> in temporal RDBs.

Yes, of course, I know that stuff.   I wish people made temporal
triplestores; I keep having to cobble my own together.

It's so frustrating that you can't see what I'm talking about.  I'm not
talking about anything weird or complicated here, but I guess somehow
I'm using the wrong words so you think I am.

Doesn't it make sense that when a TriG file says:

it means that "http://example.org/a" names a g-box, and for the purposes
of this TriG file, that g-box should be understood as holding the graph
consisting of that triple?

If not, then what do you think that TriG file means (or should mean) ?

     -- Sandro