From: public-rdf-wg-request@w3.org [mailto:public-rdf-wg-request@w3.org]
On Behalf Of Ian Davis
Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2011 5:17 PM
To: Andy Seaborne
Cc: public-rdf-wg@w3.org
Subject: Re: [ALL] 48 Hours to Prioritize Graph Use Cases

I think 4.2 web crawling (or aggregation in general) is very important

Also I don't see it on the existing list but being able to edit datasets
at the granularity of the graph rather than the triple is very
important. i.e. It is very convenient to be able to replace all the
triples in one named graph with a new set when doing things like web
crawling.

On 5 Oct 2011, at 20:49, Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@epimorphics.com>
wrote:

> I think that:
>
> 1.3 Graph Changes Over Time
>
> is also important.
>
>   Andy
>
> On 05/10/11 19:56, David Wood wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> We would like to prioritize the use cases for named graphs [1] before
FTF2.

>> At today's telecon, the following use cases were deemed important to
attendees:
>> - 1.1 Slicing datasets according to multiple dimensions
>> - 1.5 Exchanging the contents of RDF stores
>> - 1.6 Versioning in SDMX and DDI
>> - 5.2 OWL's "Ontology Documents"
>> - 6.2 Reasoning over annotations
>>
>> Further, it was proposed to drop the following use case:
>> - 4.8 Provenance Information and Data Retention ...and add Sandro's
>> provenance use case [2] in place of several existing provenance use
cases (to be determined).

>> Please note that the numbers are for reference only until the page is
modified.  The numbers *will* change, no later than Friday.  The numbers
in this message are from revision 1473 [3].

>> If you object to these changes or have others to suggest, please
respond to this message and/or update the wiki.  Thanks.  I will update
the wiki no later than this weekend prior to the ftf.