Re: why I don't like named graph IRIs in the DATASET proposal

On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 10:30 PM, Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>wrote:

> Inference is defined over RDF graphs, not over collections of unasserted
> RDF graphs.

While I agree with this statement, isn't it the case that most graph stores
do inference over the collection of graphs in a dataset?

Given these two graphs in a single graph store and a schema that says
ex:ancestor is transitive then I'm sure many inference enabled systems will
answer true if asked whether :c is an ancestor of :a

:G1 { :a ex:ancestor :b }

:G2 { :b ex:ancestor :c }

I'm pretty sure BigOWLIM does this, possibly others too.

> Best,
> Richard

Ian
--
Ian Davis, Chief Technology Officer, Talis Group Ltd.
http://www.talis.com/ | Registered in England and Wales as 5382297