Re: Admin : comments lists

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 13:23:35 +0200
Cc: RDF-WG <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>
To: Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@epimorphics.com>
'public', in the current naming scheme, means that the archives are publicly readable.

The www-rdf-comments is the old mailing list for the old RDF WG (prior to 2004). public-rdf-comments was set up for this WG. I am not sure any more why we did not simply use the old one, b.t.w., I guess this was mostly to really do a clean start.

Ivan

On Sep 30, 2011, at 16:00 , Andy Seaborne wrote:

> There is now both www-rdf-comments@ and public-rdf-comments@
>
> The descriptions are:
>

> public-rdf-comments@ ==>
>    Public mailing list for comments to the RDF Working Group
>
> www-rdf-comments@ ==>
>    List to send comments on the W3C Resource Description Framework (RDF) specification.
>

> And this is related:
>
> public-rdf-wg (latest)
>    Public mailing list of the RDF Working Group
>
> I'd read that "public" as "send here" - "Publically readable" or just "Mailing list of" ... as it's under /Public/
>

> 	Andy

----
Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/
mobile: +31-641044153