Re: complete graphs

From: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2011 11:57:42 +0100
Cc: RDF Working Group WG <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>, public-rdf-prov@w3.org
To: Ian Davis <Ian.Davis@talis.com>
On 30 Sep 2011, at 13:58, Ian Davis wrote:
>> Personally I feel that this architectural decision will be what stops us from ending up in a world of quint-stores, sextuple-stores, and so on. A +1 to Sandro's description of the 4th column being a web address of a place currently serving the given triple.
>
> +1 to the sentiment of avoiding the stacking problem. I'm not sure that this proposal does that though.

I think it does avoid the stacking problem.

> How do I refer to the quads that state that a triple was published at a web address yesterday?

Why would you use quads for that? You use triples. You put the triples into a named graph. The name of that graph can be used to refer to the assertion. For example, :G1 below is a name for the graph containing triples that state that {:s1 :p1 :o1.} was published yesterday at <http://example.com/>.

:G1 {
  [] a :Publishing;
     :date "2011-09-30"^^xsd:date;
     :webAddress <http://example.com/>;