Re: Aligning Turtle and SPARQL escape sequence processing.

From: Gavin Carothers <gavin@carothers.name>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 16:21:51 -0800
To: Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@epimorphics.com>
Cc: Alex Hall <alexhall@revelytix.com>, Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>, RDF-WG <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>
On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 1:32 PM, Andy Seaborne
<andy.seaborne@epimorphics.com> wrote:

> On 22/11/11 21:09, Alex Hall wrote:
>>
>> I should also point out that the Turtle editor's draft DOES allow
>> Unicode escapes in prefixed names, so it's removing them that would be a
>> change.

The current Turtle Editor's draft and currently published WD is
inconsistent. It was intended to allow escape sequences in prefix
names to align with SPARQL.

> Thank you for pointing it out - I was looking at an old doc.
>
> But it isn't clear to me - what does it allow there? Spaces? ">"?  And the
> text and the grammar are not aligned.

It's not clear to the editor what's allowed any more, so I doubt it's
clear to anyone else.

> I was hoping to separate the two issues (unicode escapes, range of
> characters) so as to make progress.

Yes, please. This conflation exists in the current grammar and text as
well. Some chars are allowed only if escaped (maybe by some readings).