Wording tweaks in Fragment Identifier section

From: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 22:47:53 +0000
Cc: RDF Working Group WG <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>
To: Yves Raimond <Yves.Raimond@bbc.co.uk>, Gavin Carothers <gavin@topquadrant.com>
Hi Yves, hi Gavin,

You mentioned in the call that you didn't like this sentence from the RDF Concepts 1.1 ED:

[[
Since IRIs in RDF graphs can denote anything, this can be something external to the representation, or even external to the “shared information space” known as the Web.
]]

In my defense, it's pretty much lifted straight from RDF Concepts 2004:

[[
the RDF treatment of a fragment identifier allows it to indicate a thing that is entirely external to the document, or even to the "shared information space" known as the Web. That is, it can be a more general idea, like some particular car or a mythical Unicorn.
]]

I'm inclined to leave the sentence as is. Because … uhm … by getting rid of the Unicorn, the new version is already so vastly improved over the 2004 version that any further changes would just be petty nitpicking ;-)

Explicitly calling out that fragIDs can identify other things than just document parts is sensible here IMO.

Gavin, you mentioned you had problems making sense of the last sentence. I changed it to:

[[
Likewise, RDF graphs embedded in non-RDF representations with mechanism such as RDFa [RDFA-PRIMER] should use fragment identifiers consistently with the semantics imposed by the host language.
]]