Re: What fourth column should be

On Wed, 2011-11-16 at 18:23 +0100, Antoine Zimmermann wrote:
> As we ran out of time to discuss this, I would like to say that having
> literals in the 4th position of N-Quads is very useful. Especially,
> think about xsd:dateTime, xsd:anyURI.
>
> The advantage of this is that what typed literals denote is unambiguous.
> So you know you are referring to the time when using an
> xsd:dateTime-typed literal. You also know that you are referring to a
> URI when using xsd:anyURI, instead of referring to the thing denoted by
> the URI.
>
> It makes extensions of RDF easier for, e.g., temporal RDF, RDF with
> trust (use a xsd:decimal to indicate level of trust/confidence),
> provenance-RDF (use xsd:anyURI to denote the provenance URL
> unambiguously), etc.

This raise the companion question, which Guus put on the agenda: what
are the possible relationships between the graph and, in this case, the
value of that literal?

(It's hard for me to see how to practically do temporal stuff this way,
but maybe.  If you tell me the relationships, I may be able to see it
better.)

    -- Sandro