Re: graph names as third argument

On Tue, 2011-11-08 at 11:46 -0800, Charles Greer wrote:

> Might there be a difference between the use of the quad therefore in
> interchange (lean toward/require standard usage) vs within a triple
> store?  Is this within the scope of RDF spec?

It seems to me that standards can talk about what people do on the open
Web, or how off-the-shelf software behaves, but what folks do in the
privacy of their own intranet is up to them.  Of course, I think it
usually turns out to be a mistake to vary too much from public practice,
since eventually one usually wants to connect to other folks.

So, I'd like the standards to focus on what works for interoperability,
knowing that people can and will ignore the standards in private.

One thing that's not clear to me is whether we need to interoperate
using different notions of what the fourth column means.