Re: Proposal for ISSUE-12, string literals

From: Pat Hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 13:59:56 -0500
Cc: Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@epimorphics.com>, public-rdf-wg@w3.org
To: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>
I believe this issue was discussed in some depth by the first RDF WG, and it was decided that lang tags should *not* creep into RDF from external XML, perhaps (this is a now a very dim memory) because one might want to describe eg. French text using English XML. (Can anyone else confirm or disconfirm this? Dan B.?)