Re: Proposal for ISSUE-40 Skolemization

On May 13, 2011, at 10:00 , Dan Brickley wrote:

>>> +1 for making the URIs dereferencable. Leaves all doors open for
>>> actually putting useful content there.
>>
>> I'm not keen on enforcing dereferencability. bNodes aren't dereferencable, so it's quite large step.
>
> Dereferencing is not enforceable anyway (people have right to private
> data, after all, and configuring a server can have security
> consequences).
>
> Let's just say they're URIs and leave it to the world to decide what -
> if anything - to put there.

I am not sure what you mean. Do you want to leave out the whole reference to .well-known?

The 'how to skolemize' issue does come up in other places regularly, witness, just as an example, the discussion on the RDB2RDF Working Group lateley. I think it is important that we provide an (even IETF registered) advice that the community can follow for that purpose. If we provide two (one dereferencable and one not) that is also fine. Not providing anything would take away the reason to make any change on the document, as far as I am concerned...

Ivan

> That aside, +1 on the general proposal
>
> cheers
>
> Dan